Established as a partnership in global health, the Global Fund works closely with a wide diversity of partners –implementing governments, donors, civil society, international development organizations, the private sector and communities living with and affected by the diseases. This partnership model actively supports country-owned approaches that develop and implement effective, evidence-based programs to respond to AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
Announcement - 26 February 2015
Global Health Partners Begin Building a New Approach to Ensure Equitable Access to Medicines
News Release - 24 February 2015
Ukraine Aims for Better HIV and TB Patient Care
News Release - 18 February 2015
New Malaria Grant Aims for Universal Coverage in Cameroon
Announcement - 17 February 2015
Global Fund Supports “All In” to End the AIDS Epidemic among Adolescents
News Release - 16 February 2015
Papua New Guinea Intensifies Campaign Against TB and Malaria
Turning the Tide Against HIV and Tuberculosis: Global Fund Investment Guidance for Eastern Europe and Central Asia
06 March 2015
Special Edition for International Women’s Day
05 March 2015
‘Activistas’ on the Front Lines of HIV Prevention in Mozambique
04 March 2015
Global Fund Salutes Pope Francis for Supporting World’s Poor
The Global Fund convenes donor governments to discuss continued funding, known as replenishment, on a three-year cycle.
The Fourth Replenishment is taking place in 2013 and will secure financing for Global Fund-supported programs in more than 140 countries for the period 2014-2016. Over the course of this year, a series of meetings have been held for donors to consider funding needs, the latest information about the fight against AIDS, TB and malaria, and the potential for financial contributions for the coming three years. A pledging conference will be convened in December 2013, hosted by the United States government in Washington, D.C.
Up to now, approximately 95 percent of financial support to the Global Fund has come from donor governments; the remaining 5 percent from private foundations, corporate donors and individuals. More than 50 countries have, to date, contributed significant resources to support the work of the Global Fund.
The Replenishment mechanism was established by the Board in October 2003, rather than relying on ad hoc contributions as had been done up to that point. Instituting a multiyear financial cycle allows for greater predictability and enables both the Global Fund and implementing countries to establish long-term plans for fighting the three diseases.
09 April 2013 - Event
Fourth Replenishment 2014-2016
Third Replenishment 2011-2013
Second Replenishment 2008-2010
XLSX - 488 KB
Pledges and Contributions
The Global Fund is committed to the highest standards of accountability and responsibility. If you have heard of any instance of inappropriate use of money related to the Global Fund, please report it immediately, here: Report Fraud and Abuse
© 2015 The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria