Approved by the Board on: 14 November 2019
Evolving the wambo.org pilot for non-Global Fund-financed orders
- Based on the recommendation of the Strategy Committee as presented in GF/B42/04- Revision 1, the Board:
- reaffirms the importance of wambo.org and supports evolving the wambo.org pilot approved by the Board pursuant to GF/B37/DP09, as the number of transactions was increased pursuant to GF/SC09/DP01, to further its development and advancement;
- decides that, in connection with the evolution of the wambo.org pilot, wambo.org may be made available for non-Global Fund-financed orders by governments and non-government development organizations in Global Fund-eligible and transitioned countries, for all products, services and functionalities as they become available on wambo.org, subject, if applicable, to agreement by the product catalogue owners, as described in GF/B42/04- Revision 1, up to a cap of USD 50 million of transactions within the above scope from the date of this Decision Point; and
- instructs the Secretariat to undertake consultations early in 2020, an evaluation of the wambo.org pilot in 2022 and bi-annual reporting on progress of the wambo.org pilot to the Strategy Committee.
- The Board delegates to the Strategy Committee the authority to:
- approve a higher cap for transactions within the scope of Section 1(ii) above on a pilot basis prior to the consultations in 2020; and
- establish the future parameters of the wambo.org pilot within the scope of Section 1(ii) above, based on the outcome of the 2020 consultations.
- The Board requests the Secretariat to include the results of the evaluation referred to in Section 1(iii) in the development of a strategy for future advancement of wambo.org to be presented for Board approval at the conclusion of the wambo.org pilot for non-Global Fund-financed orders no later than November 2022.