The Board decides to establish a new Nomination Committee to assist with the selection of the next Executive Director of the Global Fund. The members of the Nomination Committee shall be Sheila Dinotshe Tlou, Ren Minghui, Abdalla Abdillahi Miguil, Carole Presern, Melinda Kimble, Masaru Tsuji, Stefano Vella, chaired by Peter van Rooijen, supported by Bobby John.
The Board decides that the Executive Director shall be selected based on a list of candidates which might include the nominees considered at the Fourteenth Board Meeting in a special Board Meeting to be held in Geneva, before mid-February 2007, and that the Nomination Committee shall propose voting procedures that would allow the Board to make a selection at that session.
The Board re-affirms the "Selection Criteria for Executive Director" and the "Terms of Reference of the Executive Director of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria" (GF/14/5, Annex 1).
The Board decides that the Nomination Committee shall submit to the Board a shortlist of five nominees. The Nomination Committee shall provide an indicative ranking, which shall not be binding on the Board, of the nominees based on the extent to which they meet the Selection Criteria.
The Nomination Committee shall, not later than 1 December 2006, present an Action Plan to the Board for approval by email. The Action Plan shall set forth the powers of the Nomination Committee and include the following:
- The actions that the Nomination Committee will carry out and their timing;
- A description of the additional search process that is required;
- A description of the limited involvement of an executive search firm in the nomination process;
- The timeline for submission of a decision making process for the selection of a new Executive Director to the Board for approval.
- A weighting/ranking of the selection criteria
The budgetary implications of this decision are US$300,000.