Approved by the Board on: 14 November 2019
Sources and Uses of Funds for the 2020-2022 Allocation Period
- Based on the recommendation of the Audit and Finance Committee (the “AFC”), as presented in GF/B42/02, the Board decides the amount of sources of funds for allocation for the 2020-2022 allocation period is USD 13.00 billion, comprised of the following amounts, in accordance with the Comprehensive Funding Policy set forth in Annex 1 to GF/B36/02 – Revision 1 and approved through decision point GF/B36/DP04:
- USD 13.25 billion, derived from the announced replenishment results of the Sixth Replenishment (2020-2022), net of certain adjustments; and
- USD 0.65 billion of forecasted unutilized funds from the 2017-2019 allocation period;
- to which a reduction of USD 0.90 billion of forecasted aggregate operating expenses for the 2020-2022 allocation period is applied.
- Based on the recommendation of the Secretariat, made in accordance with its delegated authority from the Board pursuant to decision point GF/B41/DP04, and after consultation with the Strategy Committee, the Board approves the use of an additional USD 0.09 billion for the 2020-2022 allocation period’s catalytic investments, bringing the total amount for catalytic investments for the 2020-2022 allocation period to USD 0.89 billion, to be made available for the priorities and associated costs set forth in Annex 1 of GF/B42/02.
- Additionally, based on the recommendation of the AFC and to help ensure the maximum amount of impact and use of funds over the 2020-2022 allocation period, the Board requests that the Secretariat include an additional USD 0.60 billion in the amount used to determine country allocations pursuant to the Allocation Methodology for the 2020-2022 Allocation Period as approved pursuant to GF/B41/DP03 (the “Allocation Methodology”).
- Accordingly, the Board decides the amount of sources of funds for country allocation for the 2020-2022 allocation period is USD 12.11 billion, to which USD 0.60 billion will be added prior to determining the country allocation, to be used in accordance with the Allocation Methodology and decision point GF/B41/DP03.