Approved by the Board on: 08 December 2016
Recommendation on Revisions to the Constituency Funding Policy
- The Board recalls its approval in November 2009 of the Board Constituency Funding Policy (GF/B20/DP7), as set forth in Annex 3 to GF/B20/4 (the "Existing Policy"), which makes funds available to Board constituencies of the Implementer Voting Group to facilitate engagement in the Global Fund's governance processes;
- Based on the recommendations presented in GF/B36/ER02, the Board approves the revised Board Constituency Support Policy, as set forth in Annex 1 to GF/B36/ER02 (the "Revised Policy").
- Accordingly, the Board:
- Notes this decision point and the Revised Policy, which supersede the Board decision point GF/B20/DP7 and the Existing Policy, respectively;
- Delegates oversight of the Revised Policy to the Ethics and Governance Committee (the "EGC");
- Delegates to the EGC the authority to determine the Overall Funding Ceiling under the Revised Policy up to a threshold of an annual average of 1.5 million USD over the three-year period of the Funding Cycle;
- Notes that under the Revised Policy the estimated annual average of the Overall Funding Ceiling for the Funding Cycle 2017-2019 is 1.2 million USD; and
- Requests the Secretariat to provide the EGC with an annual report on the implementation of the Revised Policy.
Budgetary implications of the decision for Funding Cycle 2017-2019: an estimated annual average of 1,200,000 USD with be included in the OPEX budget for each year of the 2017-2019 Funding Cycle to support activities covered under the Revised Policy. (This annual average represents an increase of 200,000 USD over amounts approved in 2015 and 2016 OPEX budgets with respect to constituency funding. For 2017, this increase will be accommodated within the OPEX approved at the November 2016 Board Meeting).
The Overall Funding Ceiling for future periods (from 2020 forward) will be approved by the EGC in line with the delegated authority from the Board outlined in clause 3c of this decision point.