Approved by the Board on: 15 December 2010
1. The Board approves all the Round 10 proposals recommended for funding by the Technical Review Panel (TRP) as "Category 1", "Category 2" and "Category 2B", subject to the below provisions.
2. The Board approves for funding for an initial two years all those Round 10 proposals recommended for funding by the TRP as "Category 1", "Category 2" and "Category 2B" as listed in Annex 1 of GF/B22/13, subject to paragraphs 3, 4 and 5 below. This includes all Round 10 proposals focusing on Most-at-Risk Populations for HIV/AIDS, which have been submitted under the dedicated reserve referred to in its decision entitled "Prioritization for funding amongst Round 10 TRP-recommended Proposals" GF/B21/DP18 and recommended for funding by the TRP.
3. The applicants whose proposals are recommended for funding as 'Category 1' (as indicated in Annex 1 of GF/B22/13) shall conclude the TRP clarifications process, as indicated by the written approval of the Chair and/or Vice Chair of the TRP, not later than eight weeks after the applicant's receipt of notification in writing from the Secretariat of the Board's decision.
4. The applicants whose proposals are recommended for funding as 'Category 2', including the subset of proposals identified as 'Category 2B' (as indicated in Annex 1 of GF/B22/13), shall:
a. provide an initial detailed written response to the requested TRP clarifications and adjustments by not later than six weeks after the applicant's receipt of notification in writing by the Secretariat of this Board decision; and
b. conclude the TRP clarifications process, as indicated by the written approval of the Chair and Vice Chair of the TRP, not later than three months from the Secretariat's receipt of the applicant's initial detailed response to the issues raised for clarification and/or adjustment.
5. As required under the Income Level and Cost Sharing Policy, the lifetime grant amount of approved Round 10 proposals that will be implemented in Upper-Middle Income Countries ("UMI Proposals") shall be subject to a collective maximum limit of 10 percent of the lifetime grant amount of all Round 10 approved proposals. The Board notes that this limit will be applied at the time of approving additional commitments for approved Round 10 UMI Proposals.
6. The Board declines to approve for funding those proposals recommended by the TRP as 'Category 3', as indicated in Annex 1 of GF/B22/13. These applicants are encouraged to re-submit a proposal in a future funding round after major revision of the proposal.
7. The Board declines to approve for funding those proposals recommended by the TRP as 'Category 4', as indicated in Annex 1 of GF/B22/13.
8. The Board notes the TRP's request to have additional financial analysis support as part of the clarifications process and requests the Secretariat to make the necessary arrangements.
9. Prior to the signing of a grant, the Secretariat will provide confirmation that, as far as can be determined based on data available to the Secretariat, the grant budget is in accord with value for money considerations including unit costs.